Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CAS Proposal Form 9 (Boy's Varsity Basketball)

Student’s
Name 
     Armand Mendoza
Supervisor’s Name
Mr Tolentino
Year  11 12
Activity Name
     Boys Varsity Basketball
Date(s) / Duration of Activity
     January 2012 – March 2012

What is my past experience with this activity?
     I’ve been in the varsity basketball team since grade 6, as a point guard. Last year, I was the team’s captain. I’ve been in the basketball ISAC team since grade 9 as well.

What new learning or skill do I hope to pick up or develop?
     I hope to develop my court vision and my ability to keep calm under pressure situations. I also hope to become more aggressive to the hoop, as well as improve my mid-range/outside shooting in order to become a prolific point guard/shooting guard. I would also like to play the “2” position more often (SG) this year. I also hope to lessen my turnovers during the games.

How will this experience be different from that of the past?
     This year will be different because of many reasons. First, we have a new coaching staff, so there it will take time for the team to get used to it. Second, this year’s ISAC competition is in Subic, so home court advantage will hopefully get us more prepared. Third, there are new faces on the team, so camaraderie/chemistry must develop between them and the old players in the team.

How am I going to know if I am making progress in achieving the goal/s I have set?
     I will know that I am making progress if my teammates and I are improving after each game, and hopefully, our coaches will point out our weaknesses and strengths as we go through the season so that we may work on it, or maintain it. Ultimately, the team performance, as well as my individual performance in the ISAC tournament will be the factor in determining whether or not I have improved, or if I’ve reached my goals.

Goals  What is/are your goal/s for this activity? What do you hope to achieve?
     My goals include building/maintaining good relationships with old and new teammates alike, on and off the court as well as improving my overall game by decreasing turnovers, improving my passing and shooting, and performing well under pressure.

Impact  Who will benefit from this activity? How?
     The school will benefit from this activity, since we are hosting the ISAC tournament this year, hopefully increasing school spirit. The coaches and the players will also benefit from this activity, especially if the team will compete well. I will also benefit from this activity as I will have to be more responsible as the team’s senior, and will be my last shot with the team to play well in ISAC.

Timeline  Where, how often, and for how long will the activity take place? (specific dates whenever possible)
Monday to Thursday 4pm-5.30pm, Friday 4.30pm-6pm

No comments:

Post a Comment