Sunday, August 21, 2011

CAS Proposal Form 7 (Boy's Varsity Vball)


Student’s
Name 
     Armand Mendoza
Supervisor’s Name
Mr. Tolentino     
Year  12
Activity Name
     Boys Varsity Volleyball
Date(s) / Duration of Activity
     August - October
What is my past experience with this activity?
     I started trying out for Boys Varsity Volleyball since the 9th grade. In my first year, I didn’t make the final cut for the team, but I had some exposure during the games. In my sophomore year, I made the ISAC team and was able to hone my skills even more, finishing the tournament at 4th place. Last year, I had a lot more playing time, and was able to improve significantly as a setter on the court. We placed 2nd in last year’s ISAC tournament.
What new learning or skill do I hope to pick up or develop?
     I hope to develop fluidity in my skills with setting, so that I may be able to set in different ways depending on my hitters, rather than just an “open” or a “quick” set. I also hope to develop my leadership and communication skills, and develop relationships with my teammates on and off the court, fulfilling my responsibilities of helping the younger ones improve their skills, with myself being one of the seniors on the team.
How will this experience be different from that of the past?
     The big difference is, first of all, it’s our (seniors) last shot at the prize! So I have to train hard and play my heart out during the games if our team wants to succeed in the ISAC tournament this year. Second, being one of the seniors on the team does put responsibility on me, as I have to be the example for the younger ones who will take my place in the coming years. Lastly, this year we’re traveling abroad for a tournament for the first time as a volleyball team. This should be a lot of fun, and also a helpful experience for the team and myself to improve our familiarity with one another on and off the court.
How am I going to know if I am making progress in achieving the goal/s I have set?
     Well my progress should show during the actual games we play as a team. If I’m meeting my goals, I should obviously be setting a lot better, with more control over the ball and making it easier for my hitters, and even more unpredictable for the opponents. Also, if I am communicating more, our team should be more aware of what’s happening on the court, preventing careless mistakes.
Goals  What is/are your goal/s for this activity? What do you hope to achieve?
     Communicate more with my teammates, Be the “example” for the younger ones on the team, and improve the fluidity in my setting.
Impact  Who will benefit from this activity? How?
     The team, including the coaches, and the school will hopefully benefit from this activity as it will build better friendships with one another and improve our physical fitness and if I do well in tournaments, the coaches will be pleased as it is a reflection of their coaching skills. The school will also benefit as we will represent them well in the ISAC tournament.
Timeline  Where, how often, and for how long will the activity take place? (specific dates whenever possible)
     Practice is everyday from 4 – 5.30 pm, the tournament in Hong Kong is on September 2, and the ISAC Volleyball tournament is on October 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment