Thursday, March 22, 2012

(A)(S) Journal Entry #2 [Boy's Basketball Varsity]

written on March 4, 2012:

Last saturday the Razorbacks drove up early to Brent manila for our first away games for the season against some local high school teams in the area. I slept early the night before and was extremely pumped up for the game the next day. I focused on my 3 main goals for the day: quick feet on defense, control of the game, and driving and dishing. Our first game was against a young team, and in the first few minutes of the game, we scored quick points and were up 8-0. Unfortunately, our team relaxed and underestimated the other team, so our opponents came back and gave us a hard time throughout the game. I was playing an OK game, but were shooting 3's at the wrong time and was lagging on defense at times. Although we won the game in the end, it was quite messy and it's not the win that we wanted. Our second game was against an older, and bigger opponent but we were determined to take it strong to the other team from beginning to end. We attacked the rim and played great defense, stealing many balls. I played much better defense in this game and distributed the ball a lot more. By the 3rd quarter, we burned out the other team, but our rotations let us have fresh legs for almost the whole game. Although my game at times was messy and out of control, my coach complimented me due to the fact that I gave another boost of energy and shocked the other team with my quickness and zeal. We were in a commanding lead by the end of the game by more than 15 points. It was a good morale boost right before the week of the big ISAC tournament. Our team is lookin' good. Goal before ISAC: teardrops, ball distribution, drawing charges

No comments:

Post a Comment