Thursday, March 1, 2012

CAS Proposal Form 10 (MS/US Production (Beauty and the Beast)


Student’s
Name 
     Armand Mendoza
Supervisor’s Name
Ms. Fernandez
Year  11 12
Activity Name
      MS/US Production (Beauty and the Beast)
Date(s) / Duration of Activity
      January - April

What is my past experience with this activity?
      In lower school, I was the lead role for one of the plays. In middle school, I joined one of the shows, "Youre a good man, Charlie Brown" as the narrator. I joined production again in my freshmen year, "The Wiz" and since then I have been out of the area of performing arts.

What new learning or skill do I hope to pick up or develop?
      I hope to develop my acting skills again and utilize what what I learn in choir class as a singer in a number of the scenes in the play. Being out of production for nearly 3 years, I am somewhat timid in expressing my character during rehearsals, something that I want to improve on within the following months.

How will this experience be different from that of the past?
      This experience will be different from the past because this time, I have to juggle production rehearsals, varsity basketball practice, and IB requirements and deadlines. In my previous involvements with production, I was more or less fully committed to going to rehearsals everyday, without having to worry about other commitments and responsibilities.

How am I going to know if I am making progress in achieving the goal/s I have set?
      I will know when I am making progress if I feel less "shy" and when I do not hold back when I'm in character (something that at the moment, I don’t exactly feel) which will probably happen when I have completely mastered my lines and lyrics. Also, my fellow actors/actresses/singers/stage managers will probably let me know when I'm doing a good job as well as the director.

Goals  What is/are your goal/s for this activity? What do you hope to achieve?
      My goal for this activity is to hone my acting/singing skills as well as make new friends by collaborating with people I don't usually work with, and to perform well in the show and entertain the audience in April.

Impact  Who will benefit from this activity? How?
      I will surely benefit from this activity as this is activity is something that I have not done in quite a while. Acting and singing is definetely not my biggest strength and will challenge me greatly although I believe with great practice and commitment, I can pull it off.

Timeline  Where, how often, and for how long will the activity take place? (specific dates whenever possible)
Everyday from 3:30 - 4:00 pm, except Tuesdays 3 - 5:30 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment