Wednesday, September 15, 2010

CAS Proposal Form 2 (International Coastal Cleanup)



This form must be submitted to and approved by the CAS Coordinator BEFORE you begin your work.


Armand Mendoza




International Coastal Cleanup


I wish to take part on this International Coastal Cleanup as a member of the organizing committee. As part of the organizing committee, I would have to plan out everything and make sure everyone who is volunteering knows exactly what to do on that day, and give specific roles to people. I would have to make sure that everyone is aware of what is going to happen and make sure everyone's doing their job on that day. Right now, I believe that I will be working with Jana Ong, Ramona Kabigting, Bryan Jim Bala and Akber Khan.








My personal goals for this Beach Cleanup is to improve my leadership skills and at the same time participate in a world-wide event to help out our environment. I will have to undertake new challenges because this will be my first time to join an organizing committee for any event. I will obviously have to plan and initiate activities as part of the organizing committee. I will work collaboratively with the 4 other members of the organizing committee as well as the volunteers who will help out during the day of the event. Perseverance and commitment will obviously come into play on the day of the event as I will need both to successfully execute the cleanup. I will also be engaging in issues of global importance as cleaning up the beaches will benefit our environment as well as the local community who use it. Lastly, I will develop new skills in leadership (as I help organize and lead the people in knowing their roles) and in team building (as I help encourage the older people work with the younger people in their groups) throughout this activity.


Our world will benefit from this activity because people from around the world are going to be doing this (hopefully) simultaneously which will make an impact on the world's awareness and maybe even fix a little bit of the damage that the previous generations has done to our beaches. Our local community will also benefit from this as our beaches will be somewhat cleaner which will hopefully attract more tourists and at the same time raise awareness for the people in our community. Lastly, I will benefit from this activity as taking part of this will build character and will probably raise my own awareness for this global issue and will help me realize that offering my help, even in this small amount will still be a valuable contribution to the restoration of our environment.


This will take place on Saturday, September 25 from 6am – 12pm at The Lighthouse Marina Resort, SBMA, Ocean Conservancy.


Mr Tolentino


Brent Subic



Student Agreement

I will commit to the activity at the above-stated time/s and given duration to the best of my ability. I understand that it is my responsibility to see this activity to its completion, and once approved, can only be cancelled through negotiation with the supervisor and the CAS Coordinator. (Click the SUBMIT button to signify your agreement.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Armand,

    Please use the Activity Name in your post title.

    I'll leave more comments over the weekend. Thanks for getting this in so soon.

    ReplyDelete