Monday, September 13, 2010

(A) Goal for this week: Boys Vball [Sept 13 - Sept 17]

So my goal last week was pretty much successful since I finally solved my problem of setting the ball near my face. I am now catching the ball above my head as it should be. I can now set the ball more accurately in open and I am adding many varieties to my sets such as C's, back quicks, shoot, and stacks. I was not able to do a successful soft block last week during the game, although there were instances where the ball would check my fingertips. My goal for this week is just to polish my setting even further by just focusing more and using my legs. Occasionally, the ball would be drenched with sweat making it hard for me to set, but I will have to find a way to set the ball because in the ISAC tournament I cannot complain to the referee about a wet ball once he has blown the whistle. I also still want to work on my soft block and try to apply it in one of the games this week or on Saturday's games. The third thing I want to work on this week is diving and rolling properly. I will bring my knee pads to make it easier for me to do. I believe learning this skill will help me save the ball in crucial moments in the games we might play in ISAC. Not to mention that it looks super cool when you dive. To perform these dives successfully, I think that all I need to do is overcome the fear of falling on the ground and just stretch my body smoothly so that it won't hurt as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment