Tuesday, September 21, 2010

(A) Goal for this week: Boys Vball [Sept 20- Sept 24]

My goal for this week is to polish my "forced quick" setting, my "shoot" setting, and my "back quick" setting. I intend to accomplish this goal simply by trying them out continuously during our practices. I will also focus in thinking more during the games, instead of just setting the ball up for the hitter. I need to focus more on making smarter decisions such as setting the ball to an area where the opponent's blocker is short. I need to focus on not making the same mistakes again and to learn to adjust quickly when playing against different types of teams. Lastly, I would like to improve my motivational skills on the court since I have noticed, especially in last Friday's game against Baguio, that we play at a much higher level when we are psyched up during a game.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that I accomplished my goals for this week. I definitely improved my shoot sets since I practiced them everyday during the 2 line spiking drill. I continue to improve at a steady pace for the other sets as well. I believe Thursday's game was pretty terrible though. Not because I played horribly, but because my team and myself were just making careless mistakes such as standing instead of being ready to receive the ball, or hesitating when spiking resulting in a much less efficient hit, or simply letting the 3rd ball hit the net. In serving, I admit we've improved since the previous games. We played really well on the second set, and on the 3rd set we did okay, but the 4th set, we just gave up and weren't able to correct the mistakes. On the 5th set we came pretty close, but missed serves were proven to be the killer. As for improving my motivational skills, I did put some effort into it, but I guess it has to be a team effort, instead of just me and a few other guys trying to get everybody psyched up. I hope to win next Thursday's game by learning from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete