Sunday, September 5, 2010

CAS Proposal Form 1 (Boy's Varsity Volleyball)




This form must be submitted to and approved by the CAS Coordinator BEFORE you begin your work.


Armand Mendoza




Boys Varsity Volleyball


I am currently part of the Boys Varsity Volleyball team. My role is switched between being a setter and being a back open hitter. I work together with my teammates everyday from 4-5.30 pm. (Adam, Andy, William, Jack, Chris, Stin, Kevin, Dongyun, Henry, Cyron, David, Allen, John An, and John Kwak) I wish to develop my skill further, and increase my experience in the sport but still keep up with my school work.








I wish to improve my reflexes, my vertical jump, my leadership skills, and my sportsmanship, and challenge myself to balance sports with studies which requires a lot of time management which will make me a much more organized person. In doing this, I would have to develop new skills, show perseverance, face new challenges and increase my awareness of my strengths and weaknesses and work well with other people.


I believe that I will benefit from joining this team as I will build stregnth, and become a more agile person because the training targets the whole body. Our team, including the coach, will certainly benefit because of the experience and the exciting games we will have, even if we don't win. The whole team will also develop discipline as volleyball is not an easy going sport. It requires a lot of focus and teamwork.


Everyday from 4-5.30 pm.There are pick up games every Thursday but the big tournament is in Cebu on October 6, 2010.


Mr Tolentino


Brent Subic



Student Agreement

I will commit to the activity at the above-stated time/s and given duration to the best of my ability. I understand that it is my responsibility to see this activity to its completion, and once approved, can only be cancelled through negotiation with the supervisor and the CAS Coordinator. (Click the SUBMIT button to signify your agreement.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Armand,

    What responsibilities come with being a setter? Do you think you are up to the challenge? What characteristics or traits do you possess that make you a good setter?

    Since you identified this as an action activity, how do you plan to achieve your goals of increasing your vertical jump and your reflexes? How will you be measuring your success/improvement?

    How do you plan to increase your leadership skills through Volleyball? In what situations do you foresee yourself making ethical decisions? How do you feel about this?

    (*You don't need to identify the members of the team in your activity description.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please update your proposal so we can finalize this and go to print. There are some changes to the information fields so please take note. Also, since you are in Year 1 of CAS then this should be considered a new activity, not ongoing.

    Let me know when you've done the corrections.

    ReplyDelete